Welcome to The Friarsgate Practice
We are a thriving, enthusiastic and friendly Primary Care General Practice based in Winchester, Hampshire. Our professional and personal patient-focused care is available to the whole community of Winchester and surrounding areas via our surgeries in three locations: Weeke, Badger Farm and Kings Worthy.
In addition to our excellent team of GPs we have an in-house team of health professionals to help you with every aspect of your healthcare. A warm welcome awaits you whether you are one of our registered patients or looking to register with The Friarsgate Practice. Please call us on 01962 871730.
The Friarsgate Practice Patient Reference Group
The results of the 2014 patient survey are now in, thank you to all of you who have taken part. We have compared this year's responses with the results that we collected over the last few years.
> View the comparisons (PDF)
We have also compiled a Patient Participation report that includes details such as of the formation of the Friarsgate PRG, areas of priority agreed by the PRG, survey methods, suggested areas for change.
The Friarsgate Practice 'Virtual' Patient Reference Group (PRG) is always pleased to have new members.
If you would like to join either the main or the virtual PRG, please let us know by printing out and completing the form that you can access here:
> PRG Member Questionnaire
You can return it by attaching it to an email and sending it to:
Alternatively, if you prefer, drop it in to us at any of our surgeries or post it to us.
Seasonal Flu Clinics
The Friarsgate Practice will be running Saturday flu clinics throughout October:
- Saturday 4 October 2014 at Friarsgate surgery from 09:00 to 12:30
- Saturday 11 October 2014 at Badger Farm surgery from 09:00 to 12:30
- Saturday 18 October 2014 at Friarsgate surgery from 09:00 to 12:30
- Saturday 25 October 2014 at Friarsgate surgery from 09:00 to 12:30
Other dates are also available for flu jab appointments throughout October.
Friarsgate Practice’ patients falling within any of following groups are recommended to contact the Practice to arrange an appointment at one of the Saturday flu clinics:
If you are over 65 years of age (born on or before 31st March 1949)
or any patient with:
- Chronic respiratory disease (including asthma requiring continuous or repeated use of inhaled or systemic steroids or with previous exacerbations requiring hospitalisation)
- Chronic heart disease
- Chronic renal disease
- Chronic liver disease
- Chronic neurological disease
- Pregnant ladies
Or any patient who is:
- A carer (Relatives)
- Living in a long-stay residential care home or other long-stay care facility
- Health and social care staff
Please be aware that patients who are Health Care Professionals will need to go through their employer.
For more information about the flu campaign link to this Department of Health Leaflet
Seasonal flu vaccination: Who should have it and why
For general enquiries about the flu campaign, visit NHS Choices Winterhealth information
Healthwatch is the new independent consumer champion created to gather and represent the views of the public. It exists in two distinct forms – local Healthwatch and Healthwatch England, at national level. The aim of local Healthwatch is to give citizens and communities a stronger voice to influence and challenge how health and social care services are provided within their locality.
Local Healthwatch has taken on the work of the Local Involvement Networks (LINks) and also:
- represents the views and experiences of people who use services, carers and the public on the Health and Wellbeing Boards set up by local authorities
- provides information and signposting to people about local health and care services, how to access them and how to find their way round the system
- reports concerns about the quality of health and social care services to Healthwatch England, which can then recommend that the Care Quality Commission take action
Write (free) to:
Winchester SO23 8SR
Telephone: 01962 440 262