The following cohorts of patients are eligible for a free Seasonal Flu vaccine.
- Adults 65 and over
- Adults and children with Long Term Conditions (Respiratory, Kidney, Heart, Liver, Spleen, Diabetes, Weakened immune system, Neurological, BMI over 40, Learning difficulties)
- Pregnant women
- People living with someone on the NHS shielded list
- Children aged 2 & 3 on 31st August 2020
- Please note that, if you are aged between 50 and 64 and not in a clinical risk group, the earliest you will be offered a flu vaccination is November, providing there is sufficient vaccine.
- No appointments will be offered for people in this age group until then. This is to ensure that those who are most at risk are vaccinated first. If you are aged 50 to 64 and are in a clinical ‘at risk’ group which is eligible for the flu vaccination, for example you have a health condition which puts you at risk from the flu, you will be invited earlier.
How do I make my appointment?
- Call the surgery on 01962 871730
- We will be sending texts/letters to all eligible patients which will include a pin code which will enable booking through the automated telephone service or via the Care Navigators.
What will happen when I arrive?
You will need to arrive at the Front door at your appointment time, not before, you will be offered hand sanitiser and your will be checked in for your appointment.
You will be directed to in the relevant part of the waiting room, socially distanced from other patients.
Once seen by the clinician you will be directed to leave via the clearly marked one way system in the waiting area.
What do I need to do?
- Arrive on time, not before
- Come alone unless you need assistance
- Wear a mask or face covering
- Use the hand sanitiser that is provided
- Wear suitable, easily accessible clothing
- It is vital that you do not attend for vaccination if you or a member of your household currently has symptoms of Covid-19 or if you are self-isolating due to contact with a suspected or confirmed case of Covid-19.
Will I just be offered my flu vaccination?
For the safety of yourself and our staff we will not be offering other vaccinations at these clinics but, patient’s can contact the surgery to book other vaccinations at other times if recommended.