Seasonal Flu and COVID Autumn Booster programme
We are currently in the process of organising two mass vaccination programmes scheduled to begin in late September 2023. These programmes will cover Seasonal Influenza and the COVID Autumn Booster.
Appointments will be available at weekend sessions, providing a wide range of choices for your convenience. The vaccination programs will take place at Badger Farm Surgery in Winchester, located at SO22 4QB. This site offers ample free parking and is easily accessible via a bus route.
The eligibility criteria for the 2023/24 Seasonal Influenza vaccination are as follows:
- Individuals aged 65 years and over
- Individuals aged 6 months to under 65 years who are part of clinical risk groups
- Pregnant women
- All children aged 2 or 3 years as of August 31, 2023
- Primary school-aged children (from Reception to Year 6)
- Individuals residing in long-stay residential care homes
- Carers in receipt of carer’s allowance, or those who are the primary carer of an elderly or disabled person
- Close contacts of immunocompromised individuals
- Frontline workers in social care settings
For additional information, please visit the Flu vaccines for the 2023 to 2024 season page on the GOV.UK website (www.gov.uk).
The eligibility criteria for the COVID-19 Autumn Booster vaccination for the 2023/24 period:
- residents in a care home for older adults
- all adults aged 65 years and over
- persons aged 6 months to 64 years in a clinical risk group, as laid out in the Immunisation Green Book, COVID-19 chapter (Green Book)
- frontline health and social care workers
- persons aged 12 to 64 years who are household contacts (as defined in the Green Book) of people with immunosuppression
- persons aged 16 to 64 years who are carers (as defined in the Green Book) and staff working in care homes for older adults
All eligible patients for either a Flu and/or COVID vaccine will receive an SMS text message or a telephone call over the coming weeks. We encourage you to make use of our online self-booking system whenever possible and kindly request that you refrain from contacting the practice before receiving your official invitation. This will help us manage call traffic efficiently, enabling our Care Navigation team to address urgent medical queries more promptly.