COVID-19: Our surgery plans and how this will affect you
If you have had any contact with the surgery over the last week or two, you are likely to have noticed a marked difference in the way things are being done. We have done this to minimise face to face contact between patients and staff, limit the spread of the Covid-19 virus and keep our practice team and patients as well as possible. The information below shows you how we plan to operate over the coming weeks.
Making an appointment:
- Our GP practice has now moved to a total triage system. This means that all requests for appointments must be made via the phone on 01962 871730.
- Each request will be passed to a doctor for assessment. You may find that we treat you by phone, by video link, or we may ask you to come to the surgery;
- Access to the surgery premises will only be if you have been asked to do so and there will be clear arrangements discussed with you as to how we can safely do this. Please do not come to the surgery unless you have been specifically asked to do so.
Attending your appointment
- If you need to have a face to face appointment, you may be asked to attend one of the following surgeries: Main Friarsgate Weeke or Badger Farm.
- You may be given some specific instructions for attending the appointment by the clinician.
- Whilst you may have to go to a different surgery building to the one you are used to and you might see a doctor or nurse who you are not familiar with, your records will still be accessible securely to you and to them.
- If you are able to, please continue to use our website www.friarsgatepractice.co.uk or the NHS App to order your repeat prescription. You do not need to come to the surgery to register to do this.
- If you cannot order your repeat prescription any other way, then In exceptional circumstances you can call the surgery and we may be able to take your request over the telephone
How can you help?
- Please be patient – our phone lines are very busy;
- Do you have a condition that you can treat at home? If you do then please try to do this with advice from NHS online or your local pharmacist;
- Do you simply need general advice? If you do, can you visit our website to access E-consult www.friarsgatepractice.co.uk and the practice will get back to you as soon as possible.
- If you think you may have Covid-19 DO NOT go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. Use the NHS111 Online service to find out what to do next: 111.nhs.uk/covid-19;
- If you feel you need to see a doctor for non-Covid-19 symptoms then please call 01962 871730 and we will discuss your needs;
- Please help the Care Navigator by giving them as much information as possible and answer any questions they may have. This will help us prioritise calls and have the right clinician call you back.
- Have you nominated a pharmacy for the transmission of electronic prescriptions? This will prevent the need for either you or pharmacy staff from coming to the surgery. The nomination of a pharmacy can be done via your online app or speaking to your pharmacist or GP surgery directly.
- You can contact the practice by using econsult on the homepage of our website.
- Please check our website for updates at www.friarsgatepractice.co.uk or follow us on Facebook.
We do anticipate some staff shortages due to isolation and sickness and aim to continue to give you the best possible care at this difficult time. We appreciate your continued support